The Pan-Asian cuisine is synonymous with good taste, vibrant colors, and unique flavors. The commonly used ingredients in the different cultures of this region include garlic, ginger, rice, soy, chili, and sesame seeds. The methods of preparation include deep frying, stir-frying, and steaming. The Pan-Asian cuisine has rich curries, which makes it a global favorite; some are cooked with coconut milk and as well as other brilliantly accentuated flavors.
List of Asian Dishes to Try
1. Thai fish curry: This is a delicious fish recipe which is super easy and stress-free to prepare. It has a cooking time of about 30 to 40 minutes and is packed with tangy and savory flavors. Thai fish curry can be served during lunch or dinner, alongside steamed rice.
It is undeniable that Thai fish curry is easy to make. All you need to do is marinate fish cubes into half of the green Thai curry paste, add lemon juice, salt, and pepper, then set aside. Heat oil in a pan then add garlic, ginger, and onions and leave for 3 minutes. Add the remaining half of the green Thai curry paste then cook for 2 minutes. Add fish cubes and coconut milk before you simmer for around 2 minutes. Finally, add palm sugar, chopped coriander, and lemon juice.
2. Chili chicken: This is a quintessential Chinese recipe and is the most popular chicken Indo-Chinese starter or appetizer. Ingredients of this dish include corn flour, salt, deep fry oil, garlic paste, green chilies, egg, vinegar, soy sauce, onions, and boneless chicken. This delicacy is very popular in Chinese restaurants, and it is effortless to make at home.
3. Grilled fish with South-East Asian dressing: Relish fish fillets melt in your mouth. They are flavored then grilled with sesame oil and fish sauce. This sumptuous dish is best enjoyed with a tangy and sweet dressing topped with coriander and fresh red chilies.
4. Vegetarian Khow Suey: This dish has a cooking time of 1 hour. This one-pot meal consists of noodles and vegetables garnished with fried garlic and peanuts and cooked with coconut milk. Key ingredients of this meal include baby corn, cauliflower, turmeric powder, carrots, noodles, coconut oil, broccoli, onions, chili, oil, garlic, tofu, French beans, sugar, yellow zucchinis, black peppercorns, lemon juice, fresh coriander sprigs, flakes, turmeric powder, red chili, lemon grass, and gram flour.
5. Asian BBQ chicken: This recipe includes chicken marinated with char siu sauce and other Asian spices. The BBQ chicken is grilled until it turns brown, with vinegar and honey added. Ingredients include chicken breast, rice vinegar, char siu sauce, honey, sesame oil, garlic, ginger, salt, pepper, rice, and vinegar. These ingredients are used to marinate the chicken. To make this dish, mix all marinade ingredients and add to the chicken then keep aside for about 15 minutes. Cook in a pan to ensure both sides are cooked. Serve this chicken dish with egg, garlic, and fried rice.
Pan-Asian cuisine includes Japanese cuisine, Chinese cuisine, Thai cuisine, and Chinese cuisine. Chinese cuisine is the most loved in the Pan-Asian food category since it offers a perfect blend of flavors during preparation.